Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What we're thankful for...

For the past few years we've made a 'Thanksgiving Tree' and posted it on a wall or on the fridge. This year my oldest daughter drew one on the huge whiteboard that covers most of one wall. (We're currently using it for our chore chart and to-do lists as well.)

Each of the children have been adding, in their own handwriting, lists of things that they are grateful for. A few of the things we've listed so far include: warm water, houses, shoes, silverware, electricity, lights, friends, tacos, dance partners, pillows, church, clothes, ice, pioneers.

Today the list will continue to grow.
I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow, share and express, listen and understand. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to remember all our blessings and to know of the Lord's hand in it all.

A quote that hangs on my wall says this:
"Here is what I have, it is the Lords'. He has given me all that I possess. It is only committed to my charge to see what I will do with it." Brigham Young

2 comments:

kat said...

Good one on What we're thankful for... - it helps a lot!

We clearly share similar parenting experiences and views.
I've been reading one that I'm hooked on - http://todayscliche.com/.
I have a feeling you'd get a lot out of it.

Incredible job on your blog; keep it up.

Thanks,
peter

Elaine said...

That is such a great idea! I bet your kids have learned a lot that way.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com