Monday, March 2, 2009

We're Not The Only Ones Who Feel This Way

I am SO thankful for the people who commented on my last entry. It was a few weeks back and it's just now that I'm getting back on here.
It's always nice to know that we're not alone in the struggles.

On Saturday we had a Stake Womens' Conference with Ardeth Kapp being the keynote speaker. She had us stand-up and face another person in the room. (I happened to be behind an old neighbor from 9 yrs. ago). She had us do 'small talk' for 30 seconds. Then, she asked us to go a little deeper and share a personal concern with each other. Then, she had us express something we'd like to contribute to our ward and then a few sentences to each other as if it would be our last time seeing each other on earth. In those few moments tears were actually shed and people connected with one another on a deeper level than expected.

We realized that often, in our neighborhoods or meetings, there is merely 'small talk'. It doesn't really connect us with each other and we leave feeling 'empty'. But, when concerns and deeper feelings are shared -- we connect and can comfort and love one another.

For those same reasons -- I want to express my love for those who shared theirs on my last entry. I felt a love for you even though we've never met. And, I will include you in my prayers this day as new found and dear friends.

Thank you for your willingness to get past the facades (that are often there) and share your own challenges and concerns. It really helped me realize that I am not alone and that I can connect with other people on this deeper and more-powerful and fulfilling level.

3 comments:

Rick Carpenter said...

You are soooo welcome. You are probably the most wonderful person I have NEVER met. I think it's a shame that all the single LDS guys aren't begging for your hand. I guess instead of soaring with the angels, they would rather strut with the turkeys. Your day will come!

MormonsMadeSimple said...

Hi Heidi
I stumbled across your blog on LDS BLOGS. I thought you might be interested in a site my wife and I just built called MormonsMadeSimple.com, which uses simple, explanatory videos to explain the Mormon faith. Feel free to feature any of these videos on your blog, or just share them with non-member friends. We're hoping these videos will be missionary tools to help members share their beliefs. Anyway, sorry to spam your comments section. I couldn't find any contact information for you on your blog.

- Doug & Laurel

simplify heart and home said...

:) Thanks for the smile, Rick!
You keep me goin'!

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Doug; I'll surely add your site to mine. Thanks for doing that!!! It's a great idea and I'm sure you'll bless lives!!!