Monday, December 22, 2008

Blogging Award

I've just received this award from Suko of Suko's Notebook Thanks Suko. You are always kind and thoughtful.

These are the guidelines I received from Suko:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (have some fun with this!).
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers (or less)

I'm probably too candid on this blog. But, it's my therapeutic outlet. ;)

So....here goes:
Ten Truths About Me:
1. I don't like being single. It's of the hardest trials of my life.
2. I don't like being the poorest in the ward.
3. I try to love and serve much.
4. Ruffles and milk, not chocolate or ice cream :)
5. I have a secret present crush. :) but will never tell.
6. I REALLY like a clean and neat house (but it's not always that way.)
7. I'm not 'easy-going'. But, then, I've never read that in the scriptures or about any of the brethren either. But, a lot of men on-line are looking for that! as well as 'drop dead gorgeous', 'tight body', 'thin', 'wants to travel and play' etc. Haven't found many that want 'good mother', 'honest', 'nurturing', 'stay-at-home Mom' etc. For those of you who aren't single; you really have NO idea of what it's like. And, I've found, that most of you don't care either. :) It's like being rejected over and over again at a Jr. High dance --- but.....much worse.
8. I'm mad at a lot of people. :) Maybe, hurt is a better word. It's very lonely --- especially around the holidays. I don't even like to do family things anymore as everyone is with their spouses and children.
9. But, I work hard to love and forgive. (They know not what they do) (or....don't do)
10. I wish I could afford a nice haircut, have two temporary crowns on my teeth fixed (they have hurt for several years now) an eye exam and new contacts (I'm almost out) and glasses (mine are broken). But, someday I'd really love to have laser eye surgery. :)

How's that for honest and 'pouring out your heart'? :)

Thanks, Suko
You are dear!!!

2 comments:

Suko said...

Heidi, your list is so sincere and I know that you are deserving of a spouse who has the same wonderful values as you do. You sound like a fabulous person and mom (your daughter's blog attests to this)! Although I cannot erase the hurt that you feel at times, I can wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2009!

Heidi A. said...

Thank you, Suko,
You are so wonderful!