Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Take My Yoke Upon You

A few years back I attended an event where there were two large oxen being guided by their owner along a pathway. I stopped to visit with their 'master' and ask him questions. He told me that each of the oxen weighed over 2,800 lbs. Each, alone, could pull about 2,600 lbs. But, with a wooden yoke attaching them together, they could pull about triple that amount.

Christ said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

If we are yoked to Christ then He will pull the load with us and carry the burdens of life and of parenting. We are not alone. Well, at least we don't need to be. He has offered His help. We can accept it --- or not.

2 comments:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

thankyou, I needed this reminder tonight... It has seemed so rough in my world lately, and I needed to remember that He will help me..

Thankyou,
Debi

Heidi A. said...

You're welcome.
We all need the reminder often, don't we? We want to do a lot of our own -- and sometimes forget that we really can't do any of it without His help.
Bless you.
What a sweet baby!!!!!