Saturday, November 15, 2008

Single Parent Homeschooling

It's possible - but not very probable - to be a single-parent and to homeschool. In our case it's been miraculous to be able to do so.

Each human being has a different plan for their educational pursuits. In our case it has been a blessing for my children to be at home building stability and foundations where they otherwise would not have had that. (You'll just have to trust me on that one.)

A single-parent home is difficult enough. My children needed stability and the strong foundation that homeschooling would bring. It's been a lot of sacrifice on my part, but, something that I will never regret doing. I know that I only have one chance to raise my children and any sacrifice I feel led to to will be worth it in the long-run.

Thanks to all you other homeschooling familes! You are inspirational and helpful! I know it's a sacrifice for you, too, and I honor you for that decision and for the work and prayer that you put forth.

Our new homeschooling blog is: http://OurHome-SchoolingAdventures.blogspot.com
We'd love your comments there -- especially if they are helpful :) (There are plenty of mean-spirited ones out there.)

2 comments:

Cincinnatus Jeffery said...

Hey Heidi!

You know, of the thousands of decisions my family has made over the years, the decision to home educate was one of the best! It is often hard work, but we have never regretted it.

Nobody, knowing you, could seriously doubt your ability to provide your children with a world-class education!

I've known a few other single moms who have home schooled their children, and I have to take my hat of to you... The sacrifices you make every day to home educate them is truly inspiring.

Keep up the good work! And have fun with it!!!

jf

Heidi A. said...

Jeffery,
Thanks MUCH for the encouragement and support!
You really made my day!

My hat's off to you too!!! I admire and appreciate you all a lot!!!