Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Parenting and the Quest for Heaven in our Homes

If parenting doesn't purify us -- what will? :)
That is a good reminder to me!
Sometimes when times are really rough and I want to ship the kids off to Timbuktu (sp?) -- I have to remind myself that 'all these things will give thee experience and be for thy good".

I love a statement by Daryl Hoole who said:
"If we want to have our homes in heaven, hereafter, we must have heaven in our homes here."

It's a continual process of work and refinement. I suppose that each problem we resolve is a step in the right direction -- even though it's a bit rough in the meantime. The path up isn't always smooth and flat. It's "up" and rocky along the way.

I love this painting as it reminds me to REACH UP to the One who can lift! We have to make the effort to receive the help the He is so willing to offer. For that knowledge and promise I am forever grateful!

2 comments:

Shelli said...

I loved this small article on being a mom. I've posted it on my blog, and I thought you might like it, too.

http://hemethowells.blogspot.com/2008/11/surviving-on-mercies-of-motherhood.html

Heidi A. said...

Thanks, Shelli!