Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How Parenting Can Purify Us

One day my sister (who has 10 children) was in a holy place and approached by an older gentleman. As they visited he told her "If our children don't purify us -- nothing will!".

I've thought about that statement many times.

If our quest in life is to become purified and more holy -- then we ought to recogize that we've been blessed with opportunities to become so! The challenges that nick away at our imperfections are actually blessings with a great purpose in mind.

When life seems to present me with trials that I don't think I can overcome -- I often turn to sources greater than my own understanding! This older gentleman was one of those. With his lifetime of observation and experiences he knew that the challenges those behind him faced -- would be teaching tools in their personal progression. We can learn much from those who have gone before us. Their world view is more vast and comprehensive than ours.

No comments: