Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seek Learning - even by faith

In Doctrine and Covenants section 88 vs. 118 we are taught "....seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith."

As I ponder this message it reinforces my desire to learn by the Spirit and to be taught from on high. As I study out of the best books (or as a college religion professor put it 'The Lord's library') I realize how much I love to learn and how much there is to learn. We have not yet tapped the surface of all knowledge or wisdom.

We have been taught that were we to look in to heaven for 5 minutes we'd know more than if we were to study about the heaven's for our whole lives. This reminds me that the Lord has much to share with us as we are willing and ready to receive it. It's given me the chance to think about how the Lord has taught me personally. For those things I am deeply grateful as He knows all things and is the Master Teacher. My quest is to be a moldable learner to the most important things for as Joseph Smith put it ...not all truths are of equal value.

No comments: