Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hot Flashes

Last week I took my oldest daughter for her final x-rays of her healed broken arm. While sitting in the waiting room we were seated next to an older woman -- a 'senior'. We enjoyed visiting with her and learning of her knee replacements and hip surgeries.

It was hot in the waiting room. I made that comment as I reached for something to fan myself with. Though I haven't reached the stage of hot flashes --- this older woman, with a twinkle in her eye -- passed along a comment that a friend had given to her; 'those aren't hot flashes --- they are private trips to the tropics'. :)

I was grateful for a laugh and a new way of looking at something deemed to be unpleasant. It gave me an opportunity to look at other challenges as blessings. Thought I'd pass along the humor :)

2 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

that is ONE intersting way to look at it!!!

but

both times i was pregnant i got hot flashes like a mug, and i would not think of my DREAM TRIP to the tropics being anything like them....

but.....

bring me some Cabana Boys and fruity drinks with paper umbrellas in them and I may look at them differntly....

MERRIANNE said...

p.s. by the way....i know what it is like to be a single parent...i was one at one time, too :)